Refurbs?

Girevik

I'm planning on getting the D7200 but have been holding off for a price drop (I was hoping once the $200 discount on the kit expired they might offer it on the body only). Does anyone have a feel for how long it takes for refurbs to start becoming available?

carguy

For Nikon refurbs (the only versions I'd buy) it's tough to say.
I don't even know where those come from. Store returns? Defected bodies?

skene

Do also keep in mind that some of these refurb cameras are used in displays at conventions (these make up a majority as they are usually shipped as bulk directly to each convention and will not come with any boxes so afterwards they are visually checked/repaired/reboxed), minor factory testing issues and some camera complaint exchanges (returns) that are redone also at the factory. So most of the larger companies that sell these refurbs Cameta, B&H, Adorama are factory refurb cameras. Which will have a refurb factory warranty of usually 90 days (Some extended through store or 3rd party) as well.
If you stick with the larger companies to purchase one you should have no issues.

Girevik

I would definitely want one that has the Nikon warranty. I just don't know I they take a month, six months, or a year before they start hitting the streets.