Where are the D7200 users

Mike150

Last month I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a D7200. Before I could do it, mechanical problems cropped up on our only car. (Yes my wife and I are one of the few American families who have only ONE car). After paying the repairs, it's time to start saving up again. I really do think the car gets jealous of my desire for new Nikon gear and breaks just to irritate me.

mikew_RIP

Yes well i have pulled back awaiting some reviews,i think the improvement over the D7100 may be slight but could be enough to make me go down this road.

Welshy74

Got mine today. Reading the manual first as there is much more to learn on this. Not one to make up as you go along!!!! D3200 to D7200

streetglideok

Big culture shock from a 3200 to 7200. We have a D3100, and last year I picked up a used D7k to add to our collection. I had to reprogram my mind to forget the menus. Now its a pain to go back to the 3100! I'm eyeing the D7200 right now, as an upgrade to my D7k

Lscha

I just got my D7200 today. Is this why I can't do anything with my raw files?????? I'm panicking. I use Paintshop Pro. The files show up washed out and stay that way, no matter what I do.

Last edited:

Bourbon Neat

I just got my D7200 today. Is this why I can't do anything with my raw files?????? I'm panicking. I use Paintshop Pro. The files show up washed out and stay that way, no matter what I do.

What is your workflow? I have had best results taking the image into the free Nikon ViewNX-i and converting there into tiff. Am using LR5 which accepts tif's very well. In the old JASC PSPro, I generally use for jpg tho.

Lscha

I've been using Adobe Paintshop Pro X7 for quite a while. I always shoot in RAW. My D7000 loads up the raw files just fine but my new D7200 is loading the RAW files but immediately the image goes to a sepia-like shade. I can not bring any colors out of them. I'm going to try Nikon's free program now and see what happens.

Bourbon Neat

SQ-0658.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor

Is the software updated to accept D7200 files?

Horoscope Fish

I've been using Adobe Paintshop Pro X7 for quite a while. I always shoot in RAW. My D7000 loads up the raw files just fine but my new D7200 is loading the RAW files but immediately the image goes to a sepia-like shade. I can not bring any colors out of them. I'm going to try Nikon's free program now and see what happens.
Paintshop Pro is released by Corel, not Adobe; and if you don't have the latest service packs for it installed, that could be your problem right there.

At least it would be an *easy* fix.

Lscha

I just installed the service pack for Paintshop Pro and it still won't work. I'll have to shoot in .jpeg till I can figure out what to do. :(

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I just installed the service pack for Paintshop Pro and it still won't work. I'll have to shoot in .jpeg till I can figure out what to do. :(

Can you go into the file properties of an image and list the camera as a D7100 instead of a D7200? I did that when I got my D610 until Photoshop added the D610 to their list of cameras. That was the only way I could edit the photos.

Bourbon Neat

Assuming that you are shooting raw(nef) with the D7200. What file type are you accustomed to work with in PSP?

Just now checked the old jasc psp7 and it reads the tif file just like lightroom does, pretty sure tif had to be added to aproved list. Nikon's viewnx-i will convert nef to tif. Have you tried that method?

Lscha

I've always been able to work with nef files using PSP and Topaz and Nik plug-ins. The nef file won't work with the D7200 yet. I can convert the files to tifs using the Nikon programs but it's more convenient to start and finish right in PSP. They'll probably come out with another service pack for it.

mikew_RIP

I've always been able to work with nef files using PSP and Topaz and Nik plug-ins. The nef file won't work with the D7200 yet. I can convert the files to tifs using the Nikon programs but it's more convenient to start and finish right in PSP. They'll probably come out with another service pack for it.

At least you know its not the camera,dont think i could stand buying a camera and waiting for the support to catch up :D

Welshy74

I have set up back focussing on the ae-l button but my shutter release button still focussing to. Any idea how to turn it off??