Nikon D700 or nikon 1 V3

Bill16

Which would you choose to buy if you were me? A D700 or a V3? :) I have a nikon 1 V1 with a few lenses for the V1 along with a flash! I have a D700 a D300 and a variety of Nikkor lenses, nearly all af-d type! I also have a sb-800 flash and three tripods and three Nikon battery grips to fit the D300 and D700!

Prime lenses
Rokinon14, nikkor af-d20,24,28,35,50,105, nikkor ais 135,200

A few zooms counting a Nikkor af-d 80-400

Nikkor 1 lenses
10-30,18.5,30-110

So what do you think? All feedback welcome! :D

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

Re: Nikon D700 or nikon 1 V1

Which would you choose to buy if you were me? :) I have a nikon 1 V1 with a few lenses for the V1 along with a flash! I have a D700 a D300 and a variety of Nikkor lenses, nearly all af-d type! I also have a sb-800 flash and three tripods and three Nikon battery grips to fit the D300 and D700!

Prime lenses

Nikkor 1 lenses
10-30,18.5,30-110

What is it you want to *do* with your photography?

Woodyg3

Contributor

Bill, why are you looking at a second body for either theD700 or 1 V1? I like to carry two bodies with me so I don't have to change lenses all the time. Is that your thinking?

Also, I guess you need to define what you are looking for in the extra body and which best fits the bill. The 1 V1 will be lighter, for instance, while the D700 will do better in low light and I believe will be sturdier.

Bill16

The D700 idea is to carry two bodies, so yes it is! :)
The second option is to upgrade to a V3!

Bill, why are you looking at a second body for either theD700 or 1 V1? I like to carry two bodies with me so I don't have to change lenses all the time. Is that your thinking?

Also, I guess you need to define what you are looking for in the extra body and which best fits the bill. The 1 V1 will be lighter, for instance, while the D700 will do better in low light and I believe will be sturdier.

Bill16

[MENTION=13090]Horoscope Fish[/MENTION] can you please fix the title of the thread to "Nikon D700 or Nikon 1 V3" ?

Michael J.

Just for me it seams that you enjoy collecting photography equipments more than taking photos. But I know also that you can take great photos. I know you can't hear anymore but you've got lots great gears use them , enjoy them and safe the money just in case the D400 comes out *LOL*

Bill16

I know you are wrong my friend, though I can see why you'd think so. I plan a lot, since at this time I can't get out much, like going to a park to get some shots when my wife gets a bit better. I'm dying to take photos buddy, I swear to it. I just haven't been free to for about a year.
But thank you sooooo much for the wonderful complement about my photography! That means a whole lot to me! :)

Just for me it seams that you enjoy collecting photography equipments more than taking photos. But I know also that you can take great photos. I know you can't hear anymore but you've got lots great gears use them , enjoy them and safe the money just in case the D400 comes out *LOL*

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Which would you choose to buy if you were me? A D700 or a V3? :) I have a nikon 1 V1 with a few lenses for the V1 along with a flash! I have a D700 a D300 and a variety of Nikkor lenses, nearly all af-d type! I also have a sb-800 flash and three tripods and three Nikon battery grips to fit the D300 and D700!

Prime lenses

Nikkor 1 lenses
10-30,18.5,30-110

Hi Bill. I am kinda out dated with my information and I have not spend some equipment research with regards to the V3. However, as an EX-NAS vice president (self-proclaimed), I would stick with the FX option. I do not know the difference between the V1 and V3 and if it warrants the upgrade.

I have reached the point that the newer cameras no longer entice me and I have accumulated most of the lenses that I really like which explains why I believe that I can confidently claim that I have overcome the NAS virus (for now). In due time, we will all reach that point. Good luck with your journey.