Just saw his ad.

RON_RIP

Craigslist pittsburgh has a posting for a D700 for $300. Suppose to need repair to it's card carrier which is suppose to cost $250. Any thoughts on this.

everprentice

Caveat emptor.

You gotta check it thoroughly. I am not sure what the card carrier is but I am guessing the slot needs repair. That's a really vague description of what the problem is. It's also the first time I've heard that on any Nikon body. Remember, these pro bodies can take a beating so you have to figure out what really the problem is. If it doesn't write on to the card then that could me problem with the electronics- it can be a simple problem but can also be something more complex.

I just got a used D700 body just recently so I had done research on the prices. D700 bodies in great condition 9/10 can still sell for more than a grand. I have seen a couple with their shutter replaced sell for more than 600.

It can be a steal, but it can definitely be a headache. My two cents worth.

I would run away as fast as I could. That could be the only problem but you never know till you get it fixed. Or it could cost a lot more that $250. Or it could have 250,000 clicks on it once you get it working and in a month you would have to replace the shutter. To many ifs

Whiskeyman

There are too many cameras for sale without problems to chance this one. If they want to sell it, they would have to fix it before I would even seriously consider purchasing it.

WM

carguy

Craigslist pittsburgh has a posting for a D700 for $300. Suppose to need repair to it's card carrier which is suppose to cost $250. Any thoughts on this.
I'd buy it, offer $250. If it costs too much to repair, sell it.
Check out how much a D700 body only 'FOR PARTS' sells for :)