D750 Flash Settings

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Keep the camera on hand and open the book that came with it. The user manual will explain the different modes. I suspect you're on Auto mode which will use flash as soon as it thinks you need it. If you use A or S mode, then the flash will stop popping up.

Last edited:

Blacktop

Keep the camera on hand and open the book that came with it. The user manual will explain the different modes. I suspect you're on A mode which will use flash as soon as it thinks you need it. If you use A or S mode, then the flash will stop popping up.

I believe @Marcel meant to say, that you're in Auto mode. "A" mode is aperture priority.
You have a very nice and expensive point and shoot camera there if you're using it in auto mode BTW.

singlerosa_RIP

Marcel might be a bit confusing with his double mention of A mode. If you're shooting in Auto, the flash will pop up. Not so in any of the other modes. You have a very nice camera. Too nice to leave on Auto. As Marcel suggests, acquaint yourself with the manual so you can take some great photos.

Blacktop

Marcel might be a bit confusing with his double mention of A mode. If you're shooting in Auto, the flash will pop up. Not so in any of the other modes. You have a very nice camera. Too nice to leave on Auto. As Marcel suggests, acquaint yourself with the manual so you can take some great photos.

I love it when two posters reply with the same thing at the same time...;)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I believe @Marcel meant to say, that you're in Auto mode. "A" mode is aperture priority.
You have a very nice and expensive point and shoot camera there if you're using it in auto mode BTW.
Yes, thanks, I did mean to say Auto when I wrote A mode. I should have written Auto or GREEN mode. I hope I didn't create more confusion than before the OP asked the question.