Party time

premc44

This was a sneak shot of a food festival taken with Tamron 70-300 VC lens and then cropped.
EXIF data: f5.6 at 300 mm 1/10 sec. handheld. Circ.polarising filter used.
Comments are welcome

Attachments

• Wine.jpg
    Wine.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 106

jengajoh

I like the lighting, I think it might be a little out of focus and a bit crooked.
A faster shutter speed would have helped I think.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I really like how this shot is composed. Even the amount of wine in each glass works well!

I do see a tiny bit of shake. Like Jen said it's probably because of the shutter speed. Also, if I had the chance I would've turned the bottle so you can see the label.

Other than that it's perfect!

premc44

Thank you for the comments. I was not at the party and was taking the shot from outside the fence and there was no way I could have done anything with the bottle. Yes, I agree if the label could be seen , it would have looked better. It was not a planned shot and the f5.6 was the best I had and the light was already fading.

bluenoser

Banned
300mm at 1/10?!?! Wow!!! That's really pushing the VC capability! LOL! :)

Very appealing image (especially considering circumstances. Well done.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

fotojack

Yes, considering the circumstances, I'd say this is a good shot. Well done. And yes, like Jen said, I would have used a faster shutter speed.

Vermontster

Considering your circumstances (shot through a fence and all), I commend you on your artistic eye for seeing the subject and knowing you had to stop and capture it! Well done.

premc44

Thank you everyone. I regret a mistake in the EXIF data. The shutter speed for this handheld shot was not 1/10 sec, but was 1/30 sec. My apologies.