Pic not saving

kirch

Hi...I could use a little help. I just got a Nikon 5300....love it. I'm having some trouble seeing pictures I just took. I have 133 pictures and that's it. It's the first 133 pictures I've taken. It seems that the camera is not saving any more. I've tried formatting the card and deleting all pictures. There appears to be nothing on the card. It still won't save any pictures I take. And it seems the 133 pictures are still available. Does this sound like a bad SD card? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

kirch

I believe I checked that last night and it looked like it has not been moved. I'll double check tonight. I was going to bring my camera to work but then probably wouldn't get any work done. :)

kirch

I'm pretty sure the SD card not locked. I may stop by WalMart and get another one. Does anyone have any other ideas?

nikonpup

what is the size of the card? 8 - 32 gb is a range mentioned here by members for use in their cameras.
does in camera playback show you images?

Last edited:

kirch

Hi everyone. Thanks for your replies. I'm aware of the folder on the SD card. A computer recognizes and I can view the images. It's a 32Gb SD card. The camera does playback images. Only 133. Anything I take now I cannot view anywhere. I am going to get a new card tonight. I will update everyone later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks

Fred Kingston

I'm confused...

A computer sees the images on the card
The camera sees/plays back the images on the camera...

Where are you trying to "view" the images that you can't ????????

kirch

I don't care that I can see them. I can't seem to get rid of them. My main issue is that when I take any more pictures I can't see those anywhere.

nikonpup

when you have the card in your computer look at the drive it is listed in right click on it and check properties, you should see "tools" clicked on it - do the error check.

480sparky

Is there anything else on the card? Something that got saved there but not with the camera? Other files take up space, and the camera can't utilize that space if it didn't put it there.

kirch

All good now. I bought a new card and all seems to be normal. Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. I put this issue on a number of sites and this community had the best/most replies.

Thanks again,
Alan