Watkins Glen NY (river/waterfalls/rock formations)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I took a trip to NY last weekend and got some good shots in Watkins Glen. What do you think?

DSC_0039.jpg

ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 3.8
Focal Length: 13mm

I would've liked to get some moving water shots, but didn't have a tripod with me.

Browncoat

This is a great shot! It has very nice lines (erosion in the rocks and the water) and shows great depth with the use of shadows. The only complaint I have is that I can see some kind of bridge structure just left of center.

And we forgive you...I doubt most of us would've been brave enough to try to set up a tripod down there either!

Carolina Photo Guy

I carried my D70 kit and a monopod and walked all the way up and back. I remember that spot. Do you remember this one?
And Anthony, bravery has nothing to do with it. Its called intelligence! I had very little.

Watkins Glen.jpg

Pete

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I carried my D70 kit and a monopod and walked all the way up and back. I remember that spot. Do you remember this one?
And Anthony, bravery has nothing to do with it. Its called intelligence! I had very little.

Pete
haha, nice - it looks familiar but I don't remember exactly. I have one other shot that looks similar, but I don't think it's the same area:
DSC_0045.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone!

JoeLewisPhotography

Watkins Glen is AMAZING. I was there last Fall. (I live about 2 hours from there) If I remember, I will post some pics when I get home later. The only complaint is that it is too crowded....with so many people and photogs, its near impossible to get off a long shutter shot without someone ruining it by walking in front of you lol. It is also a difficult place to shoot lighting wise.