rokinon 85mm lens won't work on my d610

conphoto76

I just got my d610 today tested the lenses that I had for the full frame my sigma's work fine but my rokinon 85mm f1.4 doesn't its meant for a full frame so it should work on there smh what do I do just sell it??!! :confused:

rocketman122

if there's no contact points on the back then the camera doesnt know what aperture the lens is set at. everything is done manual. you shoot, look at the exposure on the screen then adjust.
if there is an AE version then send it back and get that. youll then be able to adjust exposure through the command dials.
81W47rCLteL._SL1500_.jpg

btw try to be gentle with the focus ring and lens hood when mounting as they wear out quite quickly. the hood wont click in place anymore after some time so maybe mount it and leave it in place. and the focus ring will start slipping.

Last edited:

conphoto76

if there's no contact points on the back then the camera doesnt know what aperture the lens is set at. everything is done manual. you shoot, look at the exposure on the screen then adjust.
if there is an AE version then send it back and get that. youll then be able to adjust exposure through the command dials.
View attachment 145011

btw try to be gentle with the focus ring and lens hood when mounting as they wear out quite quickly. the hood wont click in place anymore after some time so maybe mount it and leave it in place. and the focus ring will start slipping.

looking at the picture I have the no contact one I can just take it back I got it at b&h kinda funny im going there today anyways looks like its going with me but thanks for explaining it to me

J-see

Rokinon is the same as Samyang and I have the 24mm and 14mm.

You should be able to use the aperture on a Nikon but that's it. These lenses are manual only. I get focus confirmation but that's about it.

And EXIF data too.

Last edited:

rocketman122

@conphoto76

Using rhe lens with the aperture control will make life way easier for you. I have the fisheye with the ae control and i shoot with it with one hand holding the camera. Ususally because i have another camera in my left hand and grab a few quick shots, drop it as it was sitting around my neck, then continue shooting with the Other camera. A technique like sports car driver would use when they drive with one foot on gas and onr on brakes at the same time

with the ae model u can also adjust the aperture in 1/3 or 1/2 stops with the front dial. No contact lenses, u need to turn the aperture ring on the lens and its a pita. Hard to be accurate for minor adjustments as well

Last edited: