My New Nikon 24mm f/2.8D

Horoscope Fish

Well it's a "D" lens so you know it solid as a rock and hefty in the hand, even for it's diminutive size. Even so it feels like pocket change when compared to my big Sigma Art primes or my hulking Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 I lug around so much, so that took some getting used to. This little lens looks almost lost on my D750 but, more importantly, how do it shoot? I haven't had much time to find out but initial impressions are quite good.
The only processing on this shot was some distortion and perspective correction and an exposure adjustment in ACR and a Levels adjustment-layer in PS. It was then resized and saved as JPG for posting. More playing/test shots to follow but so far I'm pretty impressed. It does distort a goodly amount but ACR does a bang up job on that with a couple clicks. I read some reviews this lens was soft in the corners but I'm laughing at that right now.
Boehm Gallery.jpg

Bill16

I have this lens too, but I haven't learned how to correct for distortion on my wide lenses like the Nikkor AF 20mm and 24mm lenses. Great lenses! :)

Blacktop

Well it's a "D" lens so you know it solid as a rock and hefty in the hand, even for it's diminutive size. Even so it feels like pocket change when compared to my big Sigma Art primes or my hulking Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 I lug around so much, so that took some getting used to. This little lens looks almost lost on my D750 but, more importantly, how do it shoot? I haven't had much time to find out but initial impressions are quite good.
The only processing on this shot was some distortion and perspective correction and an exposure adjustment in ACR and a Levels adjustment-layer in PS. It was then resized and saved as JPG for posting. More playing/test shots to follow but so far I'm pretty impressed. It does distort a goodly amount but ACR does a bang up job on that with a couple clicks. I read some reviews this lens was soft in the corners but I'm laughing at that right now.
View attachment 144667
I don't see this lens in your sig. Did you sell it? I have been looking at this lens for a couple of days as my first WA for my soon to be 750. B&H has them new for around 350 bucks, but I could probably pick up a used one for a lot less.

Horoscope Fish

What is the purpose for this shot? I don't get it. Sorry.
Just a test shot. Mainly looking for distortion and how the lens performs in the corners.

I don't see this lens in your sig. Did you sell it? I have been looking at this lens for a couple of days as my first WA for my soon to be 750. B&H has them new for around 350 bucks, but I could probably pick up a used one for a lot less.
Oh yes, I still have it. The fact it's not in my sig line is just an oversight, really. I don't shoot that wide very often and the lens is so small it almost gets lost in my bag.