Nikon 50mm 1.8 D For D7100?

Lawrence

Anyone able to help with info on the suitability of this lens with the D7100?

I did a search (promise) but couldn't find anything.

Fred Kingston

It's perfect for any camera that Nikon makes... It used to be what cameras came with, and is still a gold standard... You can buy them NEW for about $100... It's better than the G IMO because it's backward compatible to every Nikon made, and has an aperture ring so you can use it on film cameras... where it has its basic roots...

Lawrence

It's perfect for any camera that Nikon makes... It used to be what cameras came with, and is still a gold standard... You can buy them NEW for about $100... It's better than the G IMO because it's backward compatible to every Nikon made, and has an aperture ring so you can use it on film cameras... where it has its basic roots...

Thanks Fred. There's one going here that might be worth keeping an eye on.

Whiskeyman

Lawrence,

While the Nikkor D Model 50mm will work with your camera just fine, it is not fully compatible with all of the cameras produced by Nikon. Nikon cameras in the D40, D60, D3xxx and D5xxx will not be able to auto focus due to the lack of a AF motor in the lens and without the AF motor in-camera. Other than that, (being a manual focus lens with these cameras), it will work just fine with these and other Nikon cameras. I have some D model lenses and I'm very happy with them in most situations.

As always, you can check lens/camera compatability at Nikon's website.

WM

paul04

I have this lens, very pleased with it. I got for my D3200,( only manual focus on the d3200)
When its on the D7100 the auto focus works fine.

And for the price, its a bargain.

Blacktop

One of the few shots I took with it over the weekend. I bought it for indoors but couldn't help taking a few outside with it.

_DSC7426-Edit-2.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117211217@N08/16772031375/in/photostream/

Last edited:

Craig Rogers

I have one, and it's great, although, I also have the 35mm DX which is more of a "real" nifty fifty for the DX. That gets used a bit more than the 50 (but just down to being wider), but it's still a great lens and quality is typical 50mm prime, sharp!. Lock the aperture ring and then set it from the camera body.

Last edited: