my d750 after sending it into Nikon.

deepdesign00

So I sent in my nikon d750 for the flare issue and it was returned to me after a couple of weeks. So what I have noticed is that in the tripod hole they did not mark it. My friend who sent in his camera had it returned to him with a dark mark,inside the tripod hole, to indicate that it had been fixed. Any idea why they would send back my camera without marking it? Maybe it didn't have the problem and his did? I was never able to duplicate it however I figured it would be best to send it in anyways. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

mikew_RIP

Did you check on the Nikon site for the effected serial numbers,if yours was on the list i would be back on to nikon,no spot could effect its resale value.

rocketman122

what does the work order paper say was done?

curious. how long exactly passed from when it was received at nikon till you received it back?

J-see

I assume the black mark in the tripod hole isn't a high-tech etching having scribbled "fixed by Nikon" on it. If it's an easy to replicate blob of paint, it can be expected every D750 that will be sold in the future will have one, fixed or not.

I would care less about the dot as about it being fixed or not. As rocketman mentioned, the paper should indicate what has been done.