16.0 mp d3300

Moab Man

That is NOT a Nikon camera. It's some odd off brand camera/camcorder combo. Only seems to be for sale through odd non-mainstream places.

mikew_RIP

You can post from phone, you can also upload the photo to Photobucket, Flickr, Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook or any other filesharing site and post a link to the pic

Im guessing it is this what he is talking about

Professional 16MP D3300 HD Digital Camcorder Camera Wide Angle Lens 21x Optical Telescope Lens LED Headlamps Strap Bag-in Digital Camera from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thats been knocking around for quiet a while now,never noticed the model number perhaps they change it

djspenser

It's definitely a camera. I'm fairly computer savvy, but I'm not having success posting my photo. I can copy it, but I can't paste it in. If someone can give me an email address I can send the photo and maybe they can post it to the thread.

djspenser

No, that's not it. That looks like a camcorder. This definitely looks like a camera. Gotta have an email address if someone can post the picture, otherwise I'll probably have to wait until I get back to the mainland. I'm on a ship between Hawaii and the west coast now. My picture is of the sale tag, but the camera itself looks like what you see in any online picture of the camera. I'm just concerned from the standpoint that the cruiseline is getting special runs of off-spec cameras and selling them at the same price as the official production cameras. Not quite an ethical thing to do in my opinion.

djspenser

Finally home from our cruise. Finally able to upload picture of the 16MP Nikon D3300 sales tag. Also was able to get pictures one of the cameras which I can also upload. Camera had a serial number of 3076400. Still questioning what the heck it is since Nikon says it doesn't make 16MP D3300. Is this special run for cruise line?

Attachments

• nikon.jpg
    nikon.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 134

Bob Blaylock

Finally home from our cruise. Finally able to upload picture of the 16MP Nikon D3300 sales tag. Also was able to get pictures one of the cameras which I can also upload. Camera had a serial number of 3076400. Still questioning what the heck it is since Nikon says it doesn't make 16MP D3300. Is this special run for cruise line?

Do you have a better picture? That one is much too small to make out any useful detail.

From what I can make out, it obviously is referring to the Nikon D3300. If the tag claims that it has only a 16 MP resolution, then the most likely explanation, by far, is that the tag is itself in error on that point. The D3300 is a 24 MP camera.

skene

Exactly, why make an effort to make people believe that Nikon would go from the D3100 (14mp) to D3200 (24mp) to D3300 (16mp).
Clearly no one would believe that Nikon or any manufacturer would make technology travel backwards from 1 year to the next.

Bob Blaylock

Exactly, why make an effort to make people believe that Nikon would go from the D3100 (14mp) to D3200 (24mp) to D3300 (16mp).
Clearly no one would believe that Nikon or any manufacturer would make technology travel backwards from 1 year to the next.

Something that came up in a previous thread was that the D3000 had some features that were eliminated in the D3100 (the only one I can think of, off the top of my head, is support for an infrared-based remote control) and then added again in the D3200.

Look at these pictures of the D3000, D3100, and D3200 respectively, and you can see the IR sensor on the handgrip on the D3000 and D3200, but not on the D3100. On the D3000, it's just below the red trim, and on the D3200, it's somewhat farther down. On the D3100, it is completely absent.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited: