Looking for tips on commercial photography. Shooting a new bath product store.

Jaysmark

I am shooting a line of bath products for a friend of mines store and I Literally have zero experience in this field. She has a line of 7 different colored scents in different product forms. For instance she has Oatmeal & Honey in Body Mist, Soap, Body Butter, etc. I guess I am just looking for general tips. I am shooting with a D750 and more than likely going to be using my Nikon 85mm 2.8 but I also have a Tammy 24-70. Obviously I am using a tripod. I guess my biggest problem is every time I come up with a theme for one line, it throws off the theme for all of the other products. Is there a good resource for this sort of work? Really any tips would be much appreciated and thanks for your time gals and girls.

Blade Canyon

I can't help with advertising photos, but if they plan to sell on Amazon and other websites like that, you need a totally blank white background. A light box like this will help:

MyStudio PS5 PortaStudio Portable Photo Studio with 5000K PS5

or this

Impact Two-Light Digital Light Shed Kit - 24 x 24" DLS-XLK

You really can do the same thing with just a posterboard and multiple lights, as I did here:

12883646264_b7e2f130c9_c.jpg

and here:

13937397916_52b14043ee_c.jpg

Last edited:

Jaysmark

Thanks so much. I picked up the small studio. I am doing the white product photos and was wondering what the specific dimensions for these photos were on most websites??? I cant seem to find a lot of helpful resources online. Maybe my terminology isn't correct? Any help or links would be great. Thanks.