Elements v View NX2..

robinchun

I want to do more in the pp of my images (inc: RAW) and as a starting/learning part is there any advantage in using Elements 9 as oppose to NX2? I know one is free and the other currently aroung £70, but I could take advantage of Adobe's trial period of 30 days..any thoughts?

Robin

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Robin: Are you using a PC or Mac? Both platforms have a lot of free or low cost options that are specific to the OS. Besides more pop, what are you trying to accomplish? Panoramics, HDR, etc? That info will help us make recommendations!

robinchun

Eduard..using a PC Basic Vista..generally want to learn/experiment with all aspects of PP..RAW,HDR,Cloning..photoshop seems so mind boggling and anyway could never afford it..Elements 9 looks good..but if I'm just starting out will NX2 suffice?

Robin

Rick M

If you have any students in the family you can get Lightroom 3 for $99 (normally $299), grade school thru college qualify

goz63

For those Apple users, Aperture is normally $200 but if you download it from the Apple App Store it is $79. It is the full version. I have enjoyed that one.
I did use Elements for a while and liked it. It does most of what the consumer or prosumer photographer wants to do. I went to Amazon and got a elements for dummies book and that helped a great deal. If cost is an issue, check e-bay for elements. You don't necessarily have to have the latest and greatest version to have fun and learn how to do PP.