How were the affected D750 serviced?

TieuNgao

I wonder if anyone knows how the affected D750 were serviced?
- the protruded part of the AF was covered somehow? or
- the position of the AF module was adjusted? or
- the AF module was replaced with a different one?
Thanks.

mikew_RIP

The post i read the guy said the mirror box let the AF module sit a little high and this was causing a reflection in some cases,he was concerned if the module was lower it may effect AF but as i say it was only what i read.

J-see

The post i read the guy said the mirror box let the AF module sit a little high and this was causing a reflection in some cases,he was concerned if the module was lower it may effect AF but as i say it was only what i read.

I didn't read any horror stories this far about the fix so I assume they did a good job with it. Else the whole internet was going Wah-Wah already.

Al Gentile

Although my camera didn't exhibit the flare (and I tried extensively to get it), I sent mine in for the fix. The service order description was:

RPL FRONT BODY
REPLACE RUBBER GRIP
RPL REWIND SIDE RUBBER
RPL CF CARDHOLDER RUBBER
ADJ AUTO FOCUS OPERATION
CKD COMMUNICATION
CLN CCD
GENERAL CHECK & CLEAN

Although they said they cleaned the sensor, when I got it back & tested it there were two BIG dust spots that I couldn't remove with a blower. My guess is that they just blew off what dust they could, and called that a cleaning.

The flare issue is gone (of course, it wan't there before I sent it in, either).

Al Gentile

littleoldman

Mine was back to me in one week from the time they logged it in. Replaced a ton of stuff on the camera, serviced it and sent it back in perfect working order. Fired off about 300 or so [ictures of the kids with nothing but Excellent results.

No charge

pawel zygmunt

Hi everyone. I am user of Nikon D 750 and after few months of using it I experienced problems with coloured patches and lines on my photos in high contrasted places( lines on the sky and patches on clear surfaces like sky and water. It's very annoying. I thought it's my Tokina 16-28 f 2.8 lens but problem occurs on Sigma 24-70 too. I checked my serial number and it's says that my camera is affected by flaring but I never experienced flaring as it was described. Could it be related to my issue? Please help.