I want to learn Photoshop

jpeg06

Well i am new to photography, i am doing pretty good with learning all the different types of camera settings, but as for Photoshop..ughhh...I really want to learn it, i am just tired of going on you tube to find out something. What i need is a good complete aid "visual or hardened" really doesn't matter. Even the thought of getting a tutor or classes has come to mind. I have the full up to date collection of CS5. i am so sorry if this has been asked before, but i just wanted up to date information

I would suggest checking if there is a community college there and see if they teach classes in Photoshop. I have a daughter who has a degree in commercial art and is an artist at a local sign shop. I call on her assistance about once a week, and I have a degree in computers and Photoshop is hard for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpeg06

Thank you, I will look into it, and yeah, I know where you're coming from. I just recently obtained my degrees in computer network technician // engineering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike150

I asked the same questions, and a friend suggested I get the book "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book For Digital Photographers" She said it gives great step by step instructions. I found it at Amazon for $32.19 for the paperback or $24.19 for the Kindle version. I plan to get the book, but budgets are tight. I'll probably order it in about 2 months, but until then I'll use the howto videos. Most of them are really good.

jpeg06

Thanks i will look into that one, because a friend of mine in NH just told me to get "Photoshop CS5: Visual Quick Start Guide – (978-0-321-70153-4)"..Also on amazon, he said that is how he learned, and he is very good

Browncoat

I asked the same questions, and a friend suggested I get the book "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book For Digital Photographers"

+1. This is an excellent book. Also check out the Digital Photography series by Scott Kelby. If you're looking for online tips, check out Kelby's Photoshop Insider and Adobe sponsored blogs. And really, for photography, you should really consider investing in Lightroom as well.

jpeg06

+1. This is an excellent book. Also check out the Digital Photography series by Scott Kelby. If you're looking for online tips, check out Kelby's Photoshop Insider and Adobe sponsored blogs. And really, for photography, you should really consider investing in Lightroom as well.

Will do that thank you..Oh and i already have Lightroom 3, i have been using it, and its great...I found the tutorial posted here the other day very helpful

AdobeTV | Learn Lightroom 3

ohkphoto

Snow White
You might also look into Kelby training. their video tutorials are excellent, and their photoshop ones are broken down into categories instead of being all topics lumped together like manuals. There's a subscription fee , monthly or yearly.

Jacqueline

My local public library had several books on Photoshop when I was first trying to learn it. I've found that it's been a great resource for books about computer programs, especially the most common ones. Usually, I go there first.

Last edited: