Strange saving issue.

J-see

I don't know if anyone has an answer to this.

I've been working at what is possibly my most extreme dynamic range shot this far and after a lot of experimenting and tweaking, I managed to get something reasonable out of it but when I wanted to save the shot, I simply can't save what I see in post.

I tried several things, different formats and colors spaces and it simply does not look like my version in RT. I have no clue what is going on.

What makes it even stranger is that I can screen capture it and see it then exactly as is.

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 19.56.33.jpg

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here or should be doing? I just notice my capture is PNG, since I didn't, I might give that format a try.

Edit: PNG wasn't doing the job either.

Last edited:

J-see

Mystery solved. I discovered another while googling that had a similar problem.

I was using tone-mapping and pushed it beyond what the system can display thus what I see is the maximum possible but since my parameters are beyond, the output file is different. Any other change done crashed the whole thing.

I had to change the settings in tone-mapping while disabled before enabling it again and then slowly increase the values until got somewhere to what I did see before. There's a first for everything.

DSC_3395-1.jpg

I quit trying to push it to the max. Crashes are tiresome.