Your thoughts please

silvertip

Sun finally came out for a few moments. DSC_0162.jpg
D200, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, ISO 200, 70mm, 2000th shutter

KWJams

Nice shot. :cool:

I know what you mean about the lack of sunshine. I was just down in your neck of the woods last week and had a rare glimpse of the west side of the Tetons.
Been by them a 100 times, but they are usually covered with clouds.

jengajoh

Nice shot, something is bothering me about the focus, Maybe you should have focused on a petal instead of the stamen, or maybe some sharpening would help. Otherwise I like the colors. :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
[COLOR= ][COLOR= ]glimpse of the west side of the Tetons.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
OMG, my absolutely most favorite part of the world. Hike there many times and would have loved to live there! . . .sigh . . . such a magical place!

Kent, your shot is beautiful! I'm not sure that anything should be different with this. It "screams" springtime!

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

I like the shot, too........very pretty flower, but I have the same feeling as Jen......that some of the focus is just slightly off.

KWJams

That was about the best I could get. :( From that place they are still probably 30-35 miles away and really gray skies that day.

Silvertip probably sees them every day off his back porch.

KWJams

Yep, I didn't apply any tweaks to the upload. Just straight out of the camera.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Silvertip

silvertip

If the house across the street wasn't so tall I could see the Tetons out of my living room window. A beautiful site for sure!

Kent

KWJams

I know the feeling. They built a house behind us and we used to be able to sit on the back deck and almost see 300 miles to Canada.

Curt

Took this the other day, any thoughts on this shot, what do you all think? Give me some feedback on the shot .
3 june 2011 (39).JPG

KWJams

Other than the obvious about the one Pelican being camera shy, they must be swimming downhill or the horizon is tilted. :)

Seriously a great shot :cool:

KWJams

The thick black chrome look of the first is awesome.

2nd one looks like there is a lot of noise. It could be from your compression software. What ISO was it taken at?

Curt

I shot at ISO 200, on the second shot I opened the lens up, as I was starting to lose the light.
Here is another shot at (I Think) f8.

3 june 2011 (50).JPG