Fstoppers Review: The Meike MK-DR750 Battery Grip for the D750

carguy

Fstoppers reviews the Meike grip for the D750

I haven't had the Meike MK-DR750 Battery Grip and Wireless Remote for long, but I can already tell I'm definitely keeping it. Not only does it fit well enough and do everything as promised, but it also comes with a wireless 2.4GHz (not infrared) remote control that can trigger the Nikon D750 to which it's attached. Meanwhile, Nikon's grip costs upwards of $350, and their wired remote cable release timer clears the $150 mark. Naturally, there have to be a few caveats for a grip and remote package to come in at an astoundingly low $80, but I was hard pressed to find any at all.
[h=3]Battery Grip Build Quality[/h]Upon opening the package and taking the grip out of its plastic bag, I was admittedly worried about how it would perform. The plastic quality of the grip isn't the best, needless to say. And the shutter release button was lacking in a nice, smooth, and natural feel we're used to when pressing harder from the focusing position to release the shutter. Determined to see how it performed, however, I attached the grip to my camera and began shooting.
Attached, the grip is a completely different experience. The shutter button is the same cheap, plastic button, of course. Nothing changed just because I screwed it onto the body. A veteran Nikon battery grip user, I was a bit skeptical of the button. But it turns out that it's the feel of the shutter in the camera going off itself that sends that oh-so-satisfying, juicy, crisp, shutter-cocking double slap through your right hand. I didn't miss the built-in shutter release at all when using the grip in the vertical shooting orientation. As an added bonus, holding the camera from the D750's grip in the normal shooting orientation is markedly improved thanks to the grip's added surface area for my pinky and ring fingers — something that I'm used to from my D4 and happy to have back.
Furthermore, while the grip's plastic housing lightly crackles ever so slightly when I really try to squeeze it hard to test durability, the way a cheap car's interior trim might make a small creaking noise, it still feels incredibly solid attached to the underside of the D750.

More: https://fstoppers.com/deals/review-...fantastic-and-its-not-even-because-grip-59345