Weekly Challenge Feb 25 - Mar 4: "Frozen"

Eyelight

"Frozen" - Marcel's Choice

Maybe it's cold or maybe it's not, but FROZEN it has to be. Let's see how creative you can be! Color, B&W, HDR...anything goes!

DO NOT SHOOT OR POST IMAGES UNTIL WEDNESDAY Feb 25

This early announcement of the topic is to give a little think time, before the challenge begins. Photos must be taken and submitted between 00:00 UTC of the start date and 00:00 UTC of the end date.

DSC_1965_150220_1024_001.jpg

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. No gallery images or off-site links (flickr, 500px, etc) will be accepted.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

3. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

4. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Voting

During the submission & like periods, please click the Thanks/Like button to vote for your favorite images. You can vote for as many as you want! At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to vote again for the top 3 photos for this challenge!

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Photo Challenges, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited or straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Eyelight

Just going to bump this once or twice so everyone sees that it is up, since it had a late announcement.

Shooting will start in roughly 32.5 hours.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Can it be a picture of my wife? She gives me the cold shoulder a lot. :rolleyes:
Be careful now as there was an important study that proved that an overweighted woman will live longer than the husband who mentioned it to her. :)

weebee

House across the street, That is the front door behind the ice. They are using the service door by their garage to get in the house. The combination of heat loss and the bitter cold we've been having is damaging a lot of homes.

DSC_7123.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
NOT FOR JUDGING because it wasn't taken with a Nikon. I only had my Fuji with me and thought about this challenge... I'll find something before the end.

DSCF6099 copy.jpg

wornish

Really struggling with this one.
The temperature here this week has gone from 0℃ to > 9℃.
Only frozen thing I can find are ice cubes in the freezer and even they aren't cubes.
So here is a piece of ice melting on an upturned cup. Told you I was struggling.
I call it abstract. Might withdraw it if I can come up with something better.

Lump-of-ice.jpg

Last edited:

DrEntropy

Here in the southwest I thought it was going to be impossible, but thanks to a few creative posters here i have an idea.. hope i can make it work. PS Nice work guys, and Wornish don't you dare withdraw that awesome image!