how to blend/superimpose two images using photoshop CS5

Xrsm002

Not sure how to create a new thread the Tapatalk app has changed and it seems more complicated now.

Anyways does anyone know how to blend/superimpose two images using photoshop CS5?

Xrsm002

Re: AF lense stop working with my 7000

I'm trying to do something like this
4b412df2a9ff4caadb1fb263f44f7018.jpg

aced19

They just added a layer ( layer being a picture in this case they cut out or called "masked") to the picture and set the opacity of the layer very low. You can google "CS5 quick mask" and learn how to do it.
Its fairly simple once you get the hang of it. Here is a link that shows how to do a quick mask in CS5.
I use topaz Remask plug in which is very simple to use anytime I want to cut anything out..

J-see

There are different approaches but basically it is adding one shot in another layer and then either lower the opacity and work it in or use a blending mode. The layer is standard set to "normal" but you can pick whatever blending mode that works best.

Then you either add a layer mask and start working it in or use it as is and start erasing. I'd suggest using masks since that's easier when things go wrong and using different opacity brushes while working them in to make it a smooth transition.

A shot like the example, I think "darken" would be the easiest blend mode to get this result but you can quickly run through them all and pick what works best.

Last edited: