Photo Shop CS5 64-bit Windows 7 NEF RAW plugin?

Jonas Grumby

Hello,

I'm not able to open the RAW files from my D5300 w/ Photo Shop CS5 64-bit on Windows 7. It says that my version of Camera RAW is not compatible with the file. Can anyone direct me to a plugin that will work?

Thanks

J-see

Hello,

I'm not able to open the RAW files from my D5300 w/ Photo Shop CS5 64-bit on Windows 7. It says that my version of Camera RAW is not compatible with the file. Can anyone direct me to a plugin that will work?

Thanks

Do you have the latest CameraRaw installed?

It should be here somewhere.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

I had one installed for the D3300 on the CS2 version so yours should be available too.

Jonas Grumby

Thanks. I get a prompt to download Adobe Application Manager.

adobe-error.jpg

Jonas Grumby

Thanks. I can install the application manager but I get this when I try to install the plugin. That really sucks. Thanks for the info. I guess the only workaround is to do the RAW edits in NX2 and then save the file and open it in Photoshop CS5. :(

adobe-error2.jpg

Eyelight

Thanks. I can install the application manager but I get this when I try to install the plugin. That really sucks. Thanks for the info. I guess the only workaround is to do the RAW edits in NX2 and then save the file and open it in Photoshop CS5. :(

You can use Adobe DNG converter to convert the NEF file to a DNG and then open the DNG in Photoshop

J-see

I can't remember exactly since I switched to LR pretty fast but I downloaded the ACR for my version. However it's possible it didn't work and I used DNG instead. I do remember having had some separate window that opened when I worked at some of my shots in PS but I can't even remember what it was about.

It's either old age or it wasn't interesting enough to store.

Jonas Grumby

Using DNG converter and then opening the .dng files in CS5 works perfectly. I still get the tools/options that I used to get when opening RAW files, which is what I was hoping for. Thanks!