Hark's 2015 and 2016

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Abandoned, Arches, Architecture, Bark, Black and White, Broken, Chairs and benches, City/Town/Where I live, Close-up, Coiled, Colours, Columns, Crooked, Curves, Damage, Darkness, Depth of Field, Dots / Dashes / Diagonals, Duplicate(s), Entrance, Extreme, Fast (eg fast food/fast cars etc), Fence(s), Fly, Fountains/Waterfall, Gates, Glass, Industrial, Isolated, Landscapes, Leaning, Leaves, Locks, Looking Up, Motion, Neglected, Night, Old, Pairs, Reflection, Repetition, Roadside, Rock(s), Silhouettes or shadows, Stairs/Steps, Still life, Through a window, Unique camera angle, Vehicle, Water, Weather, Window(s)
_____________________________________________________________________________________​

While I am not able to photograph every day let alone once per week, this will be where I post my 2015 shots. I will try to use the 52 photos themes as much as possible.

This is the Delaware Canal and its Towpath. The name is misleading because this is located in Pennsylvania, but it is the towpath and the Delaware Canal--lots of its length runs parallel to the Delaware River.

This one is suitable for the Landscape theme:

Delaware Canal and Towpath.jpg

Last edited:

SteveL54

Nice photo, Hark.
We're have just about the same weather here in Ct. I'm finding it a challenge just to pick up the camera to take a shot. I find absolutely nothing interesting nor inspiring about snow.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice photo, Hark.
We're have just about the same weather here in Ct. I'm finding it a challenge just to pick up the camera to take a shot. I find absolutely nothing interesting nor inspiring about snow.

I can't stand this weather although I'm sure we haven't been quite as hard hit as some of you who are located north of me. My main reason was I wanted photos of trees with snowy branches--something I rarely take. When I went out to run an errand, the scenes were so beautiful that it inspired me to run home and grab my camera. Usually by the time I get out, the snow looks dingy with lots of footprints. ;)

Bill16

Great start my friend! Way to go! It's been cold here in North Carolina with a little snow and ice lately! Brrrrrrr! Lol :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Great start my friend! Way to go! It's been cold here in North Carolina with a little snow and ice lately! Brrrrrrr! Lol :)

You North Carolina folks aren't supposed to deal with cold, snow, and ice! ;) Stay safe!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I posted this earlier this afternoon but needed to lighten it slightly. This shot of the canal is from a completely different vantage point about 1/2 mile away from the first.

A little history on the canal: it is man made and covers 60 miles. It runs parallel to the Delaware River and was designed to move goods between Easton, PA and Bristol, PA. Originally the goods were moved by mule-drawn barges. I'm not sure if New Hope, PA offers rides on the barges (they did at one time), but I don't think the canal is used to move goods anymore. It is a great place to find photo ops for wildlife and landscapes.

Quite often there are people walking, jogging, or riding bikes along the towpath.

Snowy Delaware Canal and Towpath.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Today I tested a lens originally purchased for my Nikon N70 and N90s--with a CP filter attached. It is a Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8D (constant aperture). Here is the SOOC jpeg only resized for the forum:

014resize.jpg

And here is the same jpeg with tweaks in Bridge, a slight crop in PCC, and resized:

Delaware Canal and Towpath.jpg

Last edited: