Your thoughts............

Carolina Photo Guy

First one is beautifully detailed, but boring.

The second is STUNNING!!!!!

The vein detail in the petals are fantastic!

Number Two is your best shot to date!

JMHO

Pete

Carolina Photo Guy

hmmm.......interesting evaluation. OK, thanks, Pete. :) I like the second one better, too.

I probably didn't say it right. What I mean is that EVERYONE shoots apple blossoms like number 1. Your DETAIL is beautiful,

but there is nothing that reaches out and grabs your shirt, screaming "LOOK AT ME"!!!

Number two is the screamer and belongs on a motivational poster.

Hope this clarifies.

Pete

fotojack

I probably didn't say it right. What I mean is that EVERYONE shoots apple blossoms like number 1. Your DETAIL is beautiful,

but there is nothing that reaches out and grabs your shirt, screaming "LOOK AT ME"!!!

Number two is the screamer and belongs on a motivational poster.

Hope this clarifies.

Pete

Oh no no, Pete, I understand what you meant. No offense taken. :) And I quite agree with your assessment. It doesn't command any attention at all. Doesn't jump out at you. Quite right. :)

Vermontster

The first one is good. A detriment is that my eye catches the torn front leaf and the brown blotches on the leaves. I like the detail and the off white blossoms set against a white background.

The second one is great. Love that you can see the blood run through the veins - detail, detail, detail!!!

fotojack

The first one is good. A detriment is that my eye catches the torn front leaf and the brown blotches on the leaves. I like the detail and the off white blossoms set against a white background.

The second one is great. Love that you can see the blood run through the veins - detail, detail, detail!!!

Actually, it's not set against a white background. The sun was just a little to the right of my lens, with the lens looking up towards the sky, when I shot this one.
And thanks for the kind words. :) Much appreciated.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I'm envious! Not many apple blossoms on my trees . . . really weird spring!

I love the second, Jack, and Pete's critique is right on the mark. The bokeh brings out more detail and the colors really draw the eye to the blossom. Great job!

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

LOL...thank you so much, Helene. Yes, I understood what you meant......I read typo-nese. :) I'm constantly correcting spelling and grammar mistakes in all the posts I read. It's a habit when I was a proof reader back in the day. :) I love you, too, Helene! :)