Boo hoo!

Tigertail

Got my D40 and took it to Scotland to get used to it but discovered it had LOTS of dust in the body!!!:mad: I suspect the person I got it from had left the lens off without a body cap in place! I'm not a happy bunny!

Lucky for me my friend said I could use his spare D40 he had with him (and let me have a go with his D90)

BIG THANKS STEVE!

Have booked it in with my local camera shop for a good clean so hope to have it back by the weekend.

Rant over for now!

Heather

Lee

I completely understand how you must have felt! I bought my D40, used, two years ago. Assumed as the seller had bought a D90 that he cared about his equipment. It arrived 2 days before we left on vacation to the US ... no body cap, greasy marks on the body, visibly filthy, the body was nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and the lens was rolling around LOOSE in this huge box. Needless to say I got 2weeks use out of the lens before the AF motor packed up.

Thank goodness for good friends with nice cameras :) Hope you got some good shots from your time in Scotland

fotojack

I bought my D40 used also, but it was in very good shape. Lucky, I guess. I still took it apart when I got it home and gave it a thorough cleaning inside and out. It works flawlessly, and takes really decent pictures. I'm pretty fussy about how i take care of my equipment, though.