Which first? Tamron 150-600mm or D7100

maddog

I have a D3200 currently and am very interested in bird photography. I have seen some very good things about the tamron 150-600mm and have made the decision to get it but after some research I am not sure if I need to upgrade to the 7100 first before I get the lens. I was already planning on doing this but it takes me a while to get enough saved considering I am still in college. Does anyone have any experience shooting with the tammy on a 3200?

mlyons

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you. I've found a couple of people who have the D3200 and the Tamron 150-600mm and they say it works fine although sometimes autofocus is an issue. One person suggested using AS or AC for focus mode, which I do anyway. I've decided to get the lens and upgrade the camera body down the road. I think once the D7200 is out there will be some good deals on used D7100s and the price of a new one will come down. I still like my D3200 enough to keep it for a while longer, but I'm eager to get this long lens as I like to photograph birds and wildlife. Good luck with your decision!

Michelle

Last edited: