Borrowed!

Tigertail

....a friends D90 and big lens (very scary!) and caught this oystercatcher on her nest with him doing the drive past and me hanging out of the car window! She was quite happy with cars passing by but flew off if they stopped or people got out.( even if we hid really well!)

All crit and comments gratefully received!

Heather

Oystercatcher on nest crop.jpg

Mike150

All I can say is "Darn good shot" I love the color of the beak and eye. Truly a good friend to loan you the equipment. If I may ask, what was the exif data and what lens?

Next time, be safe, get a car with a sunroof.

KWJams

Great shot!

I am a little confused about the angle? It looks like you held the camera at a tilted angle, yet the bird is vertical.
Was the rock angled?

Tigertail

Thanks for your kind comments.

Sorry, forgot the EXIF! Taken with D90 and Sigma 50-500mm (at 500mm as I didn't know better!) ISO 500, Aperture 6.3 and shutter speed 1/160s.

He did stop very briefly so I had a sporting chance of getting it in focus, so not actually moving but had to be quick!

The nest was on top of a sloping rock next to the road, and was a bit higher than the car which didn't help!

Steve

That looks good to me, sharp where it needs to be and good colours, I am glad to see that you done my camera and lens justice with this image...mind you I am pleased that you were holding it tight when it was hanging out of the window.

steve.