Nikon camera and Cannon Lens

Vikrantphotozy

I'm an amateur photographer immensely interested in Macrophotography particularly about insects coz I'm an Entomologist. I possess Nikon D-5300 and AF S 105mm Macro Nikkor f/2.8.
I would like to purchase Cannon MP -E 65 lens but cannot afford to buy another Cannon body because I had already invested a huge sum in Nikon R1C1 Commander Flashlight Kit, Nikkor TC20 EIII, Cognisys Stackshot and so on..So I would like to know whether there's a "Couple ring" that can mount the above mentioned Cannon lens onto my present Nikon body without affecting the results of subjects meaning vignetting and likewise.

AC016

Do you really need the 5:1? Or would 2:1 be okay? You can try a set of extension tubes if you want some more magnification. I don't believe that there is an adapter for Canon EF leneses to a Nikon F mount. The flange distance for Canon is shorter then Nikon.

Horoscope Fish

I'm an amateur photographer immensely interested in Macrophotography particularly about insects coz I'm an Entomologist. I possess Nikon D-5300 and AF S 105mm Macro Nikkor f/2.8.
I would like to purchase Cannon MP -E 65 lens but cannot afford to buy another Cannon body because I had already invested a huge sum in Nikon R1C1 Commander Flashlight Kit, Nikkor TC20 EIII, Cognisys Stackshot and so on..So I would like to know whether there's a "Couple ring" that can mount the above mentioned Cannon lens onto my present Nikon body without affecting the results of subjects meaning vignetting and likewise.
A Canon MP mount lens on a Nikon body? I'm not going to say it's impossible, because nothing is impossible, but wow... That's going to be tough. First there's the mount registration difference to deal with but assuming that's been overcome you're going to lose metering and auto-focus functionality almost certainly and don't the MP lenses have the internal motor that drives aperture control via electronic communication with the Canon body? That probably translates into a loss of aperture control/shooting wide open (that's a guess).

If someone has managed to pull this off... My hat's off to them.

AC016

A Canon MP mount lens on a Nikon body? I'm not going to say it's impossible, because nothing is impossible, but wow... That's going to be tough. First there's the mount registration difference to deal with but assuming that's been overcome you're going to lose metering and auto-focus functionality almost certainly and don't the MP lenses have the internal motor that drives aperture control via electronic communication with the Canon body? That probably translates into a loss of aperture control/shooting wide open (that's a guess).

If someone has managed to pull this off... My hat's off to them.

Its manual focus only. He won't be able to find an adapter for this. Unless he smashes the lens into the F mount of his camera, it's not going to be possible. The mounts also have different diameters. Good luck to him.

mikew_RIP

At the cost that is and the compromised working with it adapted is there no other way to achieve your goal,ie PB6 bellows and of of the older top quality enlarger lenses.

WayneF

There are adapters for Nikon lenses on Canon bodies, but not the other way around. It has to do with the diameter of the opening.