ViewNX2 trouble.

donaldjledet

Has anyone else who uses ViewNX2 had a problem after
down loading photos into viewnx2 ,in which looking at the photos
and during the time you are looking all of a sudden . You click on the next photo
and it says file can't be found. And then all files from that download all disappear?
Gone no where to be found?

J-see

Has anyone else who uses ViewNX2 had a problem after
down loading photos into viewnx2 ,in which looking at the photos
and during the time you are looking all of a sudden . You click on the next photo
and it says file can't be found. And then all files from that download all disappear?
Gone no where to be found?

Yep, that's a problem I had all the time with View, even with the previous versions. While going through the shots, I got the "file not found" regularly and lost those shots. It usually happened when I was going through them and deleting those I didn't need. Then it starts messing up. Either it can't keep up or deletes the wrong files.

Another problem I had was looking at shots and seeing a different shot instead. I deleted plenty an "old" shot before I discovered View was messing up and showing me a preview of a different shot.

I quit using it since it is too unreliable even as a viewer.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry can't help, never had that problem Donald. Sometimes. some "old" photos show up in the preview panel at the bottom of the screen like J-See mentioned, but when you click on them, the correct photo appears.

J-see

Sorry can't help, never had that problem Donald. Sometimes. some "old" photos show up in the preview panel at the bottom of the screen like J-See mentioned, but when you click on them, the correct photo appears.

I even had old photos show up in different folders and when clicked, showing them at 100% while in reality, I was looking at completely different shots. Only after reloading, it showed me the correct versions.

Carroll

Donald, have you tried uninstalling View Nx2, and installing the latest version? Even though your Nx2 software might have been updated, perhaps something went awry at some point previously, that is not being corrected.

Here is a link to the latest version download of View Nx2. (Free, of course)..

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19357

(If you have already done this, pardon my advice, just trying to be helpful.) :rolleyes:

I use View Nx2 exclusively to upload to my computer, and really like it. I use the cable that comes with the Cameras, and even though some frown upon that, it works very fast for me...although I probably never have more than 150 -200 raw images to upload. I do not use it to edit with, however, as I have View Nx2 put the image files in a folder that I access from PS Bridge, that opens them up in PS, so that I can work on them.

You probably have the latest firmware update for your camera, if not, that might be worth looking into.

Hope you get things figured out...

J-see

@jcee yes thats what it did as i was deleting the ones i did not want.

I used several versions of View and it did it in all. Maybe it is because I'm too fast when going through the shots and hitting delete and it simply can't keep up and applies the command to the next shot.