"Today's Posts"?

bluenoser

Banned
Is there an option to simply view the past 24hrs worth of posts?? (well actually I know there is on vbulletin sites but I just don't see it on this particular site).

Also, why is when I post in a thread, then click new posts that my post doesn't appear in the new post listing on the left- seems odd. (am I missing something).

Sorry...still trying to get used to the place!

Thanks for any feedback on these points! :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The "Today's Posts" was actually removed from vb4. They put it back in the latest beta though. Until that stable release comes out and Nikonites is updated you can simply click "Mark Forums Read" (under the what's new tab), then click on what's new again, and click the link for the past 24 hours.

Or just bookmark this link: Search Results - Nikonites :)

Do you mean the new post listing on the right? This is cached and takes a min to update. If it were live there would be a lot of extra overhead, slowing the site down.

bluenoser

Banned
The "Today's Posts" was actually removed from vb4. They put it back in the latest beta though.

Oh I see. The other photo site I frequent must be running the beta version as it does have that option (I don't think it's an older version)

Until that stable release comes out and Nikonites is updated you can simply click "Mark Forums Read" (under the what's new tab), then click on what's new again, and click the link for the past 24 hours.

Or just bookmark this link: Search Results - Nikonites :)

Thanks for the suggestions - will do.

Do you mean the new post listing on the right? This is cached and takes a min to update. If it were live there would be a lot of extra overhead, slowing the site down.

I must have had my "new posts" area minimized but do see it now. Again, the other site I'm used to doesn't separate out the new posts in the same manner - more growing pains for me! :)

Thanks very much for the explanations and suggestions. Much appreciated.

KWJams

I think most forums will not show your own threads started in the latest posts view. At least I think that is what is going on here since I can't see my own threads either.

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Ken. I'm not sure if that's a common feature or not (i.e. seeing your own threads started in the latest post view) but it is a feature at another photography site I frequent so I just got used to it! :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The system assumes that you've read the thread if you created it. If someone replies to that thread it'll come up in "What's New".

Otherwise the system subscribes you to all threads that you reply and create. They can be seen here: http://nikonites.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

(under settings, 'view all subscribed threads')

Or you can click on your name in a post and click 'view forum posts'. 'View all threads started' link is under your profile.

KWJams

"If someone replies to that thread it'll come up in "What's New".

Sort of like the old if a tree falls in the woods story. :)

Patrick M

I use Tapatalk, which has Latest rather than today's but one can mark all forums as read if you want a quick cleanup...