I want to buy serial number for Photoshop Elements 7/8/9 please

Kevin67

Due to an aging laptop (Windows Vista 32 bit) I can run only

Photoshop CS 3/4/5/6

Has anyone got the serial number for any of these that I can buy so I can use this product legitimately please?

Many thanks
Kevin

UPdated:
I'm presently trialing CS2 but would be interested in a more recent release if possible, still to run under Windows Vista 32 bit please!

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

You'd be better off spending the money to upgrade your OS, rather than wasting time and energy playing with outdated free software... There's a reason companies give their outdate software away... You're gonna waste more time dancing around that old software trying to get your RAW images into something that old software can handle...

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not sure how the serial number thing works. I used to own PSE4 and PSE6--both of which I registered. I believe I still have PSE9 and know I have PSE10--neither of which was registered. Registration of these was optional. If someone registered a version of PSE9, wouldn't Adobe prevent the serial number from being registered again under another user? Does anyone know?

AC016

Due to an aging laptop (Windows Vista 32 bit) I can run only

Photoshop CS 3/4/5/6

Has anyone got the serial number for any of these that I can buy so I can use this product legitimately please?

Many thanks
Kevin

UPdated:
I'm presently trialing CS2 but would be interested in a more recent release if possible, still to run under Windows Vista 32 bit please!

Uhhh, what exactly are you looking for? You first mention Photoshop Elements, then you mention Photoshop CS..... two different products. You also mention 7/8/9, but then ask for 3/4/5/6... Anyhow, as others have said, i would not bother. Sink you money into a new laptop. You will be much happier i think.

Eyelight

Something to consider is Vista is in the Extended Support phase, which means it only gets security updates. All support ends in April of 2017.

Something else to consider would be a refurb desktop or laptop.

Kevin67

It's going to cost me around £800-£1200 for the pc base I would be happy with.
If I can get a working solution for now, would be my preferred solution. I know it's not ideal right now, but then I need time to save up the cash!
I do appreciate your input, guys, it makes sense but cash comes first!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not sure how the serial number thing works. I used to own PSE4 and PSE6--both of which I registered. I believe I still have PSE9 and know I have PSE10--neither of which was registered. Registration of these was optional. If someone registered a version of PSE9, wouldn't Adobe prevent the serial number from being registered again under another user? Does anyone know?

I'm going to ask again...if a product hasn't been officially registered, can the serial number be transferred? Below are the items I used to use that are registered. PSE 4 and PSE 6 are registered even though I no longer use them, but PSE 9 and PSE 10 were never registered (I still have PSE 10 on my two computers).

Since I have the boxed disc for PSE 9 which is no longer being used and which was never registered, it shouldn't be a problem selling the serial number for a nominal fee, should it?

adobe.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well.... YOU did ask... :)

Yes, and I truly appreciate the info, Fred. I had no idea it was such an involved process. Now I know. But it makes me wonder if it is even necessary since it was never registered. It's simply too much work on my end to make it worth the effort. Thanks for the information! :)

Fred Kingston

That was exactly the conclusion I'd hoped you'd reach... :)

Software companies are in business to sell their intellectual property... Much like photographers, nobody makes a decent living if someone is giving your product away for pennies on the dollar...