Weekly Challenge Feb 4 - Feb 11: "Stop Action"

Eyelight

"Stop Action" - @TedG954's Choice

DO NOT SHOOT OR POST IMAGES UNTIL WEDNESDAY Feb 4
This early announcement of the topic is to give a little think time, before the challenge begins. Photos must be taken and submitted between 00:00 UTC of the start date and 00:00 UTC of the end date.

DSC_0785_141005_1024_001.jpg

This photo challenge is "Stop Action". Stop the action, freeze the movement, suspend time with a fast shutter or a flash. Let's see how creative you can be! Color, B&W, HDR...anything goes!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. No gallery images or off-site links (flickr, 500px, etc) will be accepted.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

3. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

4. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Voting

During the submission & like periods, please click the Thanks/Like button to vote for your favorite images. You can vote for as many as you want! At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to vote again for the top 3 photos for this challenge!

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Photo Challenges, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited or straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Eyelight

A reminder that start times are UTC

00:00 UTC Wednesday
07:00pm EST US Tuesday
04:00pm PST US Tuesday
08:00am Perth Wednesday

Blacktop

How do we know that ant was shot at stop motion. He/she could have been taking a break . A better example would have been a bird flapping it's wings or a snake sticking out his/her tongue.
For all I know ,that's a dead ant.

Eyelight

How do we know that ant was shot at stop motion. He/she could have been taking a break . A better example would have been a bird flapping it's wings or a snake sticking out his/her tongue.
For all I know ,that's a dead ant.

The tree is motionless behind it, so the ant must have been moving at a high rate of speed in order for the time-space window to open off frame to the left, which opened a rift and pulled the ant and the tree into a black hole just a few minutes before supper and a couple microseconds after the shot.

Blacktop

The tree is motionless behind it, so the ant must have been moving at a high rate of speed in order for the time-space window to open off frame to the left, which opened a rift and pulled the ant and the tree into a black hole just a few minutes before supper and a couple microseconds after the shot.

Ok, that makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of it.:indecisiveness:

Eyelight

Ok, that makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of it.:indecisiveness:

I tried to get him to jump like a squirrel or fly and flap so it would be more obvious he was an ant of action, maybe do a few push-ups, but he just kept running around like he knew what he was doing. If you look close, I think there may be some bark chips flying up off his little heels.

Eyelight

Just a little over 21 hours before you can shoot and post, so need to be plotting and scheming how to pull off the greatest "Stop Action" shot.

ptcasper

I have this week's challenge in the bag. Already over. Don't even bother shooting. :)

just need to get back from vaca to upload

Eyelight

Some good shots here, but I'm thinking there's room for someone to steal the show.

What's it gonna be?

Tires slinging mud, hooves flying, slide for third base, on the verge of a kiss.............