What can't you do in post

tea2085

What can't you do in post (photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) editing that you can do with the camera settings in raw? You can't alter shutter speed, for instance, or can you? ,

Blacktop

Feel. You can't add feeling to a boring shot in post You can add some mood maybe, but not feel. A brick wall will always be a brick wall.

Horoscope Fish

What can't you do in post (photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) editing that you can do with the camera settings in raw? You can't alter shutter speed, for instance, or can you? ,
No, you can't alter what settings were used to take the photo, per se, though you can alter some of the effects changes in those settings would have, such as exposure. You can't correct focus and you can't correct shutter speed. You can correct "camera shake" to a degree but the results can be hit-or-miss in my experience. You can blur things to simulate a shallow depth of field, but you can't increase it.

aroy

With some software you can recover minor camera shakes and marginal out of focus.

You cannot change the framing and poor composition.

J-see

My focus, shutter and aperture are the only things I can't control in post. At least not to the same degree I can while taking the shot. Post can't take the shot either.

About everything else is post, if you want.

Not that different from the old days.

dennybeall

Composition can be altered to a point with Photoshop in that you can add people or stuff, take stuff or people out and move things around.