I finally have a date for my surgery

PavementPilot

So, I'm lining up the ducks in a row, making sure everything is done and ready for my downtime. But what about post-op, I will be in a straight leg brace for 4 weeks. What am I going to do with myself in that time. I can walk around on crutches, but that would get difficult with a camera swinging from my neck. I do have an off camera flash cord coming, if the postal service doesnt strike. I need ideas.

fotojack

Dave, good luck on your surgery, bud. I'm sure you'll pull through with no problems.
Wondering what to do with your downtime? Do a lot of reading, take macro shots of the plant life in your home, try your hand at portrait photography at home. And if you want some company, I'll drop by and visit you on my way to Kelowna this summer. :)

AxeMan - Rick S.

How to Make An Inexpensive Light Tent – DIY

You want to do off camera flash, now would be a good time to play around with this. I wound't start it now I'd wait till your down.

I'm guessing you have some type of tripod. I like to call them "E-Bay" shots. We found ourselves playing with our "Tabletop Studio" a lot last winter and days like today when the weather is funky out. We also went out and bought "Elemer's Foam Board" http://www.elmers.com/product/detail/951233 2 sheets of white and two sheets of black for a larger "Studio". This stuff is thicker than poster board and does not flex. Not only is it good for back drops but you can also use it for reflecting or killing light.

So gather up all your little trinkets around the house and have fun. (as much as you can)

jcottone45

Good luck with the surgery, I certainly hope it will be successful. Concentrate on your rehab before anything else, and you'll be back before you know it.

PavementPilot

I have a small lightbox, but I do want to make a larger tent. Jack, definitely get ahold of me. I may have to call upon someone to drive me until July 15th, when the straight leg brace comes off, but Timmies coffee in the park sounds good.

Carolina Photo Guy

Just got the call from my surgeon, and June 15th I have my ACL surgery.

I'll bet I know why it took so long to get a date for your surgery.

Who would want to go to a doctor's office on a date? That just seems weird! :)

Seriously, take the rehab slowly and carefully. Get well really quick. I don't like picking on the handicapped!

Pete

fotojack

I have a small lightbox, but I do want to make a larger tent. Jack, definitely get hold of me. I may have to call upon someone to drive me until July 15th, when the straight leg brace comes off, but Timmies coffee in the park sounds good.

Yup, Timmies sounds good to me, too. :) I'll get in touch with you about a week before I leave to come down. Should be in July sometime. Not sure of the date yet.

fotojack

Anyone seen Helene around? I haven't seen her on here in a day or two. Not like her to be missing from the action. Pete and I are getting worried.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Anyone seen Helene around? I haven't seen her on here in a day or two. Not like her to be missing from the action. Pete and I are getting worried.

I was thinking exactly the same last night as I was doing some PP. I hope she's all right.

KWJams

I had total ACL reconstruction done back in '98 on my right knee --- it is no picnic. The first two weeks were a pain pill induced blur mostly flat on my back.

Do not fall behind on your pain meds even though you start to think you don't need them. You don't think that you need them because they are working.
Rehab, Rehab, Rehab!

P.S. Metamucil is your friend.

PavementPilot

I had total ACL reconstruction done back in '98 on my right knee --- it is no picnic. The first two weeks were a pain pill induced blur mostly flat on my back.

Do not fall behind on your pain meds even though you start to think you don't need them. You don't think that you need them because they are working.
Rehab, Rehab, Rehab!

P.S. Metamucil is your friend.

Thanks for the Metamucil tip. I have been doing proactive physio for 7 weeks now, getting the muscles ready for post-op recovery.

ohkphoto

Snow White

LOL Here I am! Thanks for caring . . . I think I may be becoming a mushroom from all the pp of 600 wedding pics!

Attachments

• Cartoon_Man_with_His_Computer_on_Fire_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090604-161119-251042.jpg
    Cartoon_Man_with_His_Computer_on_Fire_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090604-161119-251042.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 474