Can anybody recommend a third-party wireless remote shutter release button, please?

Kevin67

Can anybody recommend a third-party wireless remote shutter release button, please?

I really don't want to spend the money on a branded one if I can help it.

Thanks
Kevin

Pretzel

These get decent reviews as off camera flash triggers, and advertise that they'll work as wireless shutter release as well. RF as opposed to infrared like the Nikon part.

Amazon.com : Yongnuo RF-603 N3 2.4GHz Wireless Flash Trigger/Wireless Shutter Release Transceiver Kit for Nikon D90/D3100/D5000/D7000 : Camera Shutter Release Cords : Camera & Photo

Myself, I've used the Nikon ML-L3 with a 3 second timer (so I can tuck the remote away again before the shot, if I'm in it) and it works fairly well. I've used it in front of the camera, to the side, and slightly off-center behind the camera with no issues.

Kevin67

Thank you all! I do appreciate your help. I'll run along and check out those links and place an order (after I've checked my Bank Balance!).

Thank you again, all!

e2a:
I've just ordered one of the cheaper jobbies for now, although I do like the look of a couple others.... The Vello unit is amazing but out of my reach for now 'til I get a paid photo job....

Thanks again, guys!

Last edited: