New and excited D700 owner!!

Luis diaz

Hey guys, I'm new to the D700 and the forum, anyways I wanted to share something with you, I usually shoot film, and nikon has always been my sistem of choice, Ive shot with the F all the way to the f5, almost 4 years ago I made the descision to buy a digital camera, not nessesarly switch to digital, now Ive made the descision to upgrade my faithful D90 for a D700, now I noticed tht the D700 is priced very similar if not even more expensive than a used D600 a newer camera with "better" features, the reason I went with the D700 and I hope its the right one, is because of the shutter dust and oil problem, I just couldnt believe it, and honestly from someone who trust his cameras to work as they should, and someone who still uses a 30 year old camera for almost anything, I would not jeopardize a good shot on a faulty camera like that. So, with that said, I just purchased a minty D700 with only 8,000 actuations and many many many more to go! Glad to join you guys and cheers to a camera that can witstand the revolution of digital junk and the ruggedness that it holds over time just like fully metal film bodies such as my F3!

Jimmers

Welcome to the Nikon D700! Just got mine a month ago and am loving it. Low light capability is unbelievable. I've been using the Nikon 24-70 2.8 lens and I'm getting perfect pictures. Very flexible camera and will last me a very long time. Enjoy!!