Project 365 -- KWJams

KWJams

Not sure how this is going to work with the picture loaded to my Picturetown account which seems to be pretty glitchy.

Nikon my Picturetown - Free Photo Sharing and Storage service

Click the link above and then you can go to full screen by clicking the picture.

This was just an old barn along side the road that caught my eye since the light was so good.

f/7.1 -- 1/100 -- ISO 200 -- Manual

Edit:
Picturetown isn't working very well so direct links to photobucket may be the best way to display pictures.

May232011.jpg

Last edited:

KWJams

Thanks, I love the look of old weathered wood. The trees are just starting to bud leaves other wise the barn would have been pretty well hidden.

KWJams

5-24-11 Too busy today to get much time to play with my camera. Did happen to take a quick picture of the flooded drive I had to drive through.

May242011.jpg

Last edited:

KWJams

May 20. Talk about a cool place to take pictures -- wish I had more time and it wasn't about to start raining dogs and ponys.

May202011.jpg

KWJams

May 21. Not much time to take pictures with all the miles needing to be driven back home but our Koko agreed to pose for a quick picture.

May212011.jpg

KWJams

May 22 is MIA and the 23rd was the old barn above followed by the flooded lot on the 24th.

May 25th was taken on my way back from Rexburg, ID.
I like old rustic structures and forgotten items because of the story they tell.

This picture I call "High Hopes" because the story it tells me is of the person or persons that must have built this cabin / trading post with the high hopes of building a successful trading business with immigrants headed to the Montana gold fields from Salt Lake City, Utah.

May252011.jpg

KWJams

May 26,
Back at the yard I took this picture of the mechanic's son sitting in a truck.
After reviewing the picture in my camera I asked him what was up with the squinty eye look he was giving and he said that he was pretending to look at traffic up ahead.

To bad I didn't noticed the window wasn't rolled down all the way.

May262011.jpg

KWJams

May 25

Playing around with low light close ups with my 300mm still on and took this quick shot at a patriotic arrangement above my desk in honor of Memorial Day.

May282011.jpg

KWJams

May 30

Was a flop. Rained kept us in for the 3rd day in a row of the holiday.

Took a few shots around the house but none felt interesting enough to post.
I did take one to use on ebay classifieds of the 200mm lens I put on there.

May 2011_4491 (Small).jpg

KWJams

Put my kit lens on today to try some of close ups of flowers. Problem is the wild flowers haven't started blooming yet. Other than the dandelions from my neighbors yard.

I wanted to try something different so I switched to the Low Key and stuck a lion near a dark contrasting background too see what would happen. Turned out pretty cool. :cool:

Dark lion (Small).jpg

Also found a free image resizer that works in Windows 7.

KWJams

Thanks, I used to have it, and also Gimp.

Got spoiled with Win XP Power Toys where you could right click and resize without opening a program. That is what this new toy is like. Pretty heavy compression rate though.

KWJams

June 2,

Had a few minutes today when it quit raining, and just before it started to SNOW again to pull the camera out and play. I have been reading a book about exposures and how to use the AE-L & AE-F button.

Wanted to try and get a lock on a something moving and practice my panning while locked on the subject. Had my kit lens on so I wasn't able to
pull anything in closer than this Montana Highway Patrolman when he zipped by at a whopping 30mph so not much back ground blurring going on

May 2011_4562.JPG

Last edited: