Macro inspiration

Lawrence

Hey Scott while you are kicking back there with a beer something Thomas said made me dig out my Pentax.
I have all the connections and discovered that my old 50mm lens makes a great macro (as he said in the video). So I have an extra macro lens
I'm going to test it against my Tamron tomorrow.
Happy days!

Scott Murray

Hey Scott while you are kicking back there with a beer something Thomas said made me dig out my Pentax.
I have all the connections and discovered that my old 50mm lens makes a great macro (as he said in the video). So I have an extra macro lens
I'm going to test it against my Tamron tomorrow.
Happy days!
Excellent mate, am looking forward to seeing your results.

Scott Murray

Thomas mentioned backgrounds. What I found good was printing out a background and holding it behind the subject. Such as this photo.

20131021-SHM_4774.jpg

nidding

Great shots Scott!
What's your current set-up? I would imagine the ant shot to be somewhat closer than 1:1?

I'm putting together an extreme macro set-up at the moment, and BOY am I looking forward to the snow melt, and the bugs start coming out again :)

Scott Murray

Great shots Scott!
What's your current set-up? I would imagine the ant shot to be somewhat closer than 1:1?

I'm putting together an extreme macro set-up at the moment, and BOY am I looking forward to the snow melt, and the bugs start coming out again

My current set up is a Tamron 90mm Macro lens coupled with a Raynox DCR-250, I use an onboard diffuser with the onboard flash. I am working on getting alot closer but have nothing I am extremely happy with that is portable.