Ansel Adams Act

RON_RIP

It would be a good deal if it gains passage. it is a shame that a bill has to be introduced into Congress to restore right s that we use to take for granted. Only national defense sites should be restricted and then, only by vary narrow parameters.

TedG954

I was once stopped, and threatened with camera seizure, when I was taking a photo of a train in the Terminal Tower, in Cleveland. I have been barred from public buildings too. Some great photo-ops are being denied to the public.

Rick M

It really irks me when we are denied what we pay for. Last time I went to Gettysburg it was during the government shutdown and they "closed" the park. I got some of my best shots because I sneaked in and there where no annoying tourists blocking my shots :).

The next step really pissed me off. There are public roads which pass through the Gettysburg battlefield. The other "law abiding" citizens used these roads to pull over and view the park. Soon the Park Rangers put cones around to block all the places people where pulling over on the public roads! One morning after I had taken all my illegal shots I went around with my truck and displaced all the cones on the public roads. I guess that was my little protest :)

Moab Man

I teach the U.S. Constitution and I find it difficult at times to keep personal opinion out of it when things are so upside down and bass ackwards. However, it is interesting that children can figure out how upside down things are and how few adults are unaware of their constitutional rights. So frustrating that many times I have wanted to just give up, but this country wouldn't exist if the founding fathers had just given up when the odds dictated they couldn't win.

Last edited:

carguy

I'm a bit lost.

When did your 1A rights get taken away? Last time I looked, they're still there.

Truth.

I'm all for this when it comes to recreational photography.

Trouble is, when it comes to commercial photography or any images/video you intend to sell or make money from. Either way, with how things have been changing the last 10 years or so, photographers rights are the last thing on my mind.

Bob Blaylock

Truth.

I'm all for this when it comes to recreational photography.

Trouble is, when it comes to commercial photography or any images/video you intend to sell or make money from. Either way, with how things have been changing the last 10 years or so, photographers rights are the last thing on my mind.

I don't see why it should make a difference.

Public property belongs to the public, that is, to we, the people. Government doesn't own anything; it only manages property that belongs to the people.

The only instance in which I think government should have any authority to interfere in any way with photography in or of public lands is if it is a large commercial venture, that involves bringing enough people and equipment in and creating enough of a disturbance to either damage that property or to interfere with the right of other members of the public to enjoy that property.

480sparky

........Trouble is, when it comes to commercial photography or any images/video you intend to sell or make money from.........

So, writing a book, or scoring music, or getting out the oils and a canvas out to create a painting, or writing a poem, or scripting a speech, all for profit, ....... is OK?