Hi from an oldie back into photography!

Numone

Hi everyone. This looks like a great informative site. Having had a number of years away from photography in general, I got that "urge" again late last year, and retrieved our trusty, but with 30k + actuations somewhat tired, Nikon D70s from the cupboard and started shooting once again. We bought this in 2005 just after it was released at full RRP of £799 and its been a companion on many holidays, happy and sad family events, business trips etc. and has been completely reliable. But......

.... having then seen what my son's partners pro Canon 6D (spit!) was capable of producing (OK, so she is a pro photographer too) I decided an upgrade was in order. Now I'm tight and not wishing to spend anything like the £1,200 a 6D body would cost, together with the fact of course, that I already own a Nikkor 50mm Prime and an 18-200mm DXVR lens, I decided it would be best to settle on a more modern Nikon DX. Having read of a number of reviews of DX Nikon DSLR's from the last couple of years and with her advice as she'd used one on a couple of shoots as a backup camera, I settled on finding a good pre-owned Nikon D7000. After a few day scouring the web, I was lucky enough to get a pre-owned body as a present to myself just before Christmas. At £340 and only 1,110 shutter actuations, it was boxed like new with all accessories - bought from an upgrader! So then I went a bit mad.... the two existing lenses have been quickly joined by another battery, a third party grip, a brand-new SB-400 flash (which was less that pre-owned units on ebay - very happy I didn't win any of those) a 35mm 1.8DX Nikkor prime (at a bargain price on Amazon) and an 18-55DX VR lens. Yes, that's it - I've stopped now.....! So, I think I'm now set-up now for another 9 years of great photographic enjoyment! I'm still very much getting to know the camera, but what I've taken so far are a revelation; its fast, its light, it has amazing lowlight performance and the colours and range are all wonderful. I'm still getting used to the myriad of manual settings and loving every minute.

In 2023, I'll no doubt upgrade again, to the then 2 year-old Nikon D9900sx, which will be a full frame, 144mp sensor with 10k SupaMegaUltra HD video and inbuilt steadycam, 5TB SSD, VioletTooth, WiLiFi, radar, smartfone, web browser and tsunami early warning system.....!

Cheers... Rob

jay_dean

In 2023, I'll no doubt upgrade again, to the then 2 year-old Nikon D9900sx, which will be a full frame, 144mp sensor with 10k SupaMegaUltra HD video and inbuilt steadycam, 5TB SSD, VioletTooth, WiLiFi, radar, smartfone, web browser and tsunami early warning system.....!
....that has some camera sensor issue that only Nikon can't see:D
Welcome along..

Numone

Yes, that's it - I've stopped now.....!

What a COMPLETE LIAR! OK, OK....so I now bought a Cotton Carrier Hand Strap with arca plate... £30 in some places; £8.49 on the bay! Genuine BNIB!... (For chrissake...repeat again and again...I have to stop buying, got to start taking. I have to stop buying, got to start taking.....!) :)