Sony A9 High End FF Camera

TedG954

Sony is making some big strides. The A7 series is making a big dent in the camera business and deservedly so. I couldn't be happier. I'll be interested in what Sony ends up with in the A9's MP range.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sony is making some big strides. The A7 series is making a big dent in the camera business and deservedly so. I couldn't be happier. I'll be interested in what Sony ends up with in the A9's MP range.
Will you keep your D800?

TedG954

Will you keep your D800?

Without a doubt!

I consider my D800/lenses to be my "precision system". I will use the D800 for planned outtings where I know what my subject is going to be. The D800 is a tripod camera. It is a fine, very fine, camera.

The A7II is a walk around camera for candids and day trips. The stablization is wonderful and is a hand-held wonder.

In limbo is the D3300. The A7II has replaced it. And, my Sony 3N is very small and similar in quality to the D3300. I'm not sure what I'll do the the D3300 and DX lenses.

I didn't buy the A7 to replace the D800. That was never the plan. The D800 with the 24/1.4 is a tack sharp combination that is hard to beat (if at all). And my other Nikon lenses (I believe) are some of the best in the industry.

Yep. I'm still a Nikon fan.