Apple Overtakes Nikon On Flickr

Scott Murray

I am not sure quality is mentioned in this. Or the fact that I for one keep forgetting to upload to Flickr, maybe flickr is dying???

PapaST

yeah, there's nothing unfortunate about it... I was just curious because I'm really only familiar with one Samsung camera (other than their smartphones). I have a friend that shoots mainly with his iPhone and I like his photos. They're not super sharp but he has a good eye and as always, it's the photographer more so than the camera that takes a great shot. Plus I think smartphones are easier to upload to flickr with their apps.

J-see

It's these days easy to show quality since most of them are viewed on screens the size of an iPhone or iPad.

I've seen plenty a good shot taken by an iPhone that look great on that iPhone. The question is; at what size does it fall apart? I can't say I've seen them full screen on my monitor so I wouldn't know how good the tech is in comparison.

When I checked my macro shots on the Macbook the first time, they also looked twice as good. Small does that.

Last edited:

Nero

Yeah, they're basically going by numbers. The thing that amuses me is that they consider Apple a camera brand just because their products have cameras. I mean, you might as well include HP, Acer, and everyone else who makes windows computers then.

Not that I would consider Flickr a valid source for this sort of thing but still it's a sad example of the direction people's definition of photography is going.