Tamron 150-600 On The Way

zutty

I finally pulled the trigger on the Tamron. Adorama had one in stock...Gasp! It seems to be rare NOT to have to wait for one. I'm just wondering about the versatility of this lens. I do a lot of landscape and am wondering if anyone has used it for that and what other uses (besides wildlife, which I rarely do) others have done with it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rob Bye

You'll love that lens. :encouragement:

Tamron must be running flat out to produce the 150-600, because I'm now hearing more reports of people finding them, in shops, available for immediate purchase.

zutty

Well, It seems there might be a slight delay in shipping the lens. But they assure me that there was One left and it should be sent out tomorrow. Geez....10 minutes before I placed the order I called and was assured there were several in stock. These things are Flying out!
***UPDATE*** Lens has shipped and will arrive Monday....I hope the weather is such that I can use this baby! (Wind chill was -30 last week)

Last edited:

zutty

Lens arrived!! I went out immediately and took some shots by the shore. I ordered a UV filter but it was damaged and I sent it back. I'll download the shots soon. The lens behaved beautifully. Auto focus was fast with no sign of any problems there. I chose to mount it on the D7100 first. The reach is amazing! Only issue for me is to get used to the size of the beast. I'm not used to using a lens that size, but so far, all is good!