D750 recall

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
This is good news. I'm glad to hear Nikon is working on fixing the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a higher number of holiday returns because of this issue which may mean a higher than usual number of refurbished D750's available down the road.

RON_RIP

It is good they are doing this but i think they would be better served by making it more public and letting their customers know that they are dedicated to fixing problems as soon as they come to light. If they are doing the right thing a little drum beating would not be out of line.

skene

It is good they are doing this but i think they would be better served by making it more public and letting their customers know that they are dedicated to fixing problems as soon as they come to light. If they are doing the right thing a little drum beating would not be out of line.

I don't feel that way. This is a minute problem, as it ends up being a flare that is seen in the most random of shots. Duplicating the shot over and over would not give you the same results. So why put people into a frenzy when there are a small population of D750s out in the public. They are addressing the problem by taking back the cameras that are currently out there, and I'm sure any persons owning a D750 can easily send their camera into Nikon for any repairs as such are needed.

So no need to blow everything out of proportion like what was done with the D600 and the spotting issue.

Whiskeyman

I had to look at Adorama and B&H to confirm that they are back ordered, (they are) and am blown away that B&H is selling the D90 new. Yes, it's an import, but I'm very surprised that there are any new D90s anywhere. I wonder what else might be hidden out there.....?

WM

Rick M

It doesn't seem like any new bodies from any manufacturer come out without some slight imperfection. This is relatively minor, at least they are acting swiftly.

Rob Bye

It doesn't seem like any new bodies from any manufacturer come out without some slight imperfection.

At one time, new camera prototypes were sent out to trusted photographers for testing before being put into full scale production. I get the sense that isn't being done anymore.

RON_RIP

I would think that some of these issues would be discovered in Nkon's own R and D department before they ever went into production and I too feel that evaluations by pros in real life conditions would be very beneficial. Sometimes the bean counters get too much influence in corporate decisions.
The thing that all of us who love our Nikon's want to see the company do well and continue to produce the kind of cameras and lenses that we can continue to brag about owning. I know that I will never switch from Nikon cameras but I will probably be slower to upgrade my body until a model has been in use for several years and proved to be totally reliable. Sometimes people who buy a new model of automobiles have the same problems and is better to let a product have year or two of seasoning before buying.

Nero

Not surprisingly, some people are still bitching about it ignoring the fact that it's almost impossible to make sure every single unit is working 100% but that's what I've come to expect from today's self-entitled modern society.

This shows a huge improvement on Nikon's part compared to the D600 issue.

scotchtape

Duplicating the shot over and over would not give you the same results. .

... If you take the same shot with the light source at the same angle... it will give you the same results... My D750 does this.
It is a big issue if they don't fix it. Since they are fixing it, everyone is happy!

Maybe you don't take many photos with bright light sources outside the frame. Some of us do...

Whiskeyman

I was at the local Best Buy this morning and they had several in stock. When I asked if they were for sale, the clerk looked at me odd and replied that they were for sale.

I'd think that an official recall would reach all of their vendors, and all stock would be brought into a no-sale status. I'm still not seeing anything about a recall on Nikon's USA website.

WM

Update: I was the same Best Buy last night and they have removed all D750s from their stock at that particular store. They even removed the display model and information/price tag from the display.

Last edited:

J-see

Firmware update but nothing worth throwing a party.

I hope they add another with something worthwhile.

Modifications enabled in this version

• When shooting with an optional Speedlight and auto FP high-speed sync enabled with On selected for ISO sensitivity settings > Auto ISO sensitivity control in the photo shooting menu, images were sometimes over-exposed. This issue has been resolved. (Enabling auto FP high-speed sync: Select 1/200 s (Auto FP) or 1/250 s (Auto FP) for Custom Setting e1: Flash sync speed).
  • When menus were displayed with the camera connected to a 4K-compatible TV via HDMI, display in both the camera monitor and on the TV was not correct. This issue has been resolved.
  • Noise that could sometimes be heard when Custom Setting d1: Beep was set to any option other than Off has been reduced.

Last edited:

J-see

Either it's the most popular page on the planet or the page with numbers doesn't work. I tried two browsers and it hangs during load.