Screen Protectors

pops1368

Hi,

I find it bizarre that Nikon do not produce a screen protector for the D5200, unless I have missed iron their website? I have therefore been browsing the inter web, eBay and Amazon for screen protects. They seem pretty cheap and wondered if these are any good. I have had some of the screen protector from eBay for my iPhone and iPad, but when putting these on left air bubble and as a result were removed.

Are they worth having or not and if they are any recommendation?

Thanks

Eyelight

I do not use screen protectors on camera LCDs. I've had a number of smaller CDC type and never had an issue, even with cameras I carry on my belt for work all day (though they are in a case when not in use).

My thoughts.

pops1368

I think the consensus is to look after the screen rather than using screen protectors. I had seen the one below:

MAS Ultra-thin 0.7mm LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera [DC001328] - £10.50 : DCables.co.uk

The only problem I can envisage is that when the display is folded into the body of the camera, it wouldn't shut/close. Also I fear that if I use a screen protector, if they are ever removed, they may leave residual glue on the display.

Thanks guys for all your advice, no doubt I'll have more questions to come.