Hello - returning to 35mm!

tnabbott

I started out with 35mm digital photography around 2005 (I know, recent!) Then, around 2008 or 2009, I started getting into medium format film photography and got rid of all of my digital stuff (was into Canon back then). In the past six months I got tire of the troubles with getting film, chemicals, etc. for film (I also developed and optically printed). So, I took the plunge and sold off my film gear and returned to digital 35mm photography. I got a D800 and DF and a few AI lenses plus a couple of auto focus lenses too.

I started out with 35mm digital photography around 2005 (I know, recent!) Then, around 2008 or 2009, I started getting into medium format film photography and got rid of all of my digital stuff (was into Canon back then). In the past six months I got tire of the troubles with getting film, chemicals, etc. for film (I also developed and optically printed). So, I took the plunge and sold off my film gear and returned to digital 35mm photography. I got a D800 and DF and a few AI lenses plus a couple of auto focus lenses too.

So you mean digital instead of 35mm which is how most refer to film. The D800 is FX or full frame digital. When you say 35mm around here people will think you are talking about film.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

tnabbott

You're not a million miles off Medium with the D800. Welcome along..

I agree. One of the best things about coming back now is the state of the art in terms of equipment. The D800 is great. Also, I am amazed at the high ISO performance of it as well as my DF. 5-6 years ago 800 ISO felt like the useable limit, now 3200 is quite acceptable to me.