For all wedding Photographers

Hughes08

Nikon update their new release D 5500. It has special features 24.2 mega pixel and LCD touch screen, CMOS sensors without Low pass filter. IT takes up to 820 photos on fully charged Battery.

Scott Murray

Wait....so you won't be giving up the D8xx or 6xx series to go back to DX?!?!

But...this is better than sliced bread!! And it has one more number than your cameras....it's just gotta be better!
Well with how you have put it I may have to buy it lol

§am

I think the title is too broad...
It might be better placed as "For some wedding photograhers".

I've seen some good images from the D3xx series, so in theory a better camera in the same hands could yield a better picture, but it's all relative and perspective and a lot of personal opinion too :)

D5500 for me? No thanks, have my eyes set on D7100 or a D610 if I can ever justify a need for FX over DX to myself

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I don't need another DX body. Touch screen is more than a little late to the party. I'm sure some wedding photographers will latch on until they know better. Go get 'em.

RockyNH_RIP

Nikon update their new release D 5500. It has special features 24.2 mega pixel and LCD touch screen, CMOS sensors without Low pass filter. IT takes up to 820 photos on fully charged Battery.

I am not sure why these specific features will be appealing to wedding photographers, especially pro type. They are nice features to know about...

Pat in GA

RON_RIP

I sometimes wonder if Nikon is straying far afield from what their customers really want. There are features that the majority of Nikon users would like to have and it is if they do not have a clue.

Braineack

I sometimes wonder if Nikon is straying far afield from what their customers really want. There are features that the majority of Nikon users would like to have and it is if they do not have a clue.

Is it possible that Nikon knows exactly what their customers want and maybe you stray from the norm? They make lots of sales selling these consumer-level bodies.

Plus, if they give you all the features you want at once, you'll only buy 1 camera and never another again. There are still plenty of people out there still shooting a D300 or D700. If they make small improvements over time, like the D800 to D810, you'll buy more cameras.

RON_RIP

Is it possible that Nikon knows exactly what their customers want and maybe you stray from the norm? They make lots of sales selling these consumer-level bodies.

Plus, if they give you all the features you want at once, you'll only buy 1 camera and never another again. There are still plenty of people out there still shooting a D300 or D700. If they make small improvements over time, like the D800 to D810, you'll buy more cameras.
A lot of us still subscribe to the theory that " if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Both cameras you site were and still are significant cameras and I think they do not find enough value in many of the newer models to warrant a change.
I contend that Nikon does not do a good job of surveying the needs of their most loyal owners and their customer service is severely compromised. I just hope this is only a temporary situation. I have been an exclusive Nikon user since 1982' but will probably not upgrade my camera body until mine totally breaks down.
PK