Hello from the sunny south coast UK

Tigertail

Woo Hoo! My D40 arrived today and I am off to Scotland on friday, so not much time to get used to it!:rolleyes:

My name is Heather and I started off last october with a Panasonic FZ45 after only ever having small point and shoot cameras(and never using them properly!) I have now learnt more about photography and mainly use manual settings on the FZ so felt I was ready to progress further.

Like what I have seen on the site so far and will probably have lots of dumb questions so please be patient!:eek:

Heather

PavementPilot

Welcome aboard. Questions are never dumb or stupid. Only mistakes are, from not asking the question that could have helped you out. Congrats on getting your Nikon.

Last edited:

jcottone45

Hi Heather, you'll like this site very much the gang here are all friendly & ready to help.Good luck with your d40 & happy shooting.
No one has asked dumber questions than me & they haven't kicked me out yet! I did say yet guys!!!

Vermontster

No pressure Heather, but I love photos from Scotland and the sunny south coast of the UK. Sooooo really looking forward to seeing your D40 picks. By the way, this site has a tendency to be a little to awesome sometimes :)

bluenoser

Banned
The D40 is still a fantastic camera (I should know - I still love mine! :)) I think you will be quite happy with how forgiving the D40 is and the pleasing results you will get with it in short order. Congrats on your new toy and welcome!