Moab Lady's Better than Area 52

MoabLady

Hi everyone, I know that it has been a long time since, I have logged in or taken a picture for that matter. I have had a rough five months and I think I am finally getting my head above water. I am going to try to get back into a project this year. However, I don't want to commit to a project 365 until my father's estate is settled. So I am going to compromise and do a project 52.

My rules
I will submit a photo each week for the next 52 weeks.
If I submit multiple photos, I will post comments on which one of the photo's I think is the best one of the week. Please feel free to tell me your opinion
It is my goal this year to improve my editing. Hopefully, I will not become frustrated, because my eyesight does not always work with me to see the changes in colors. That makes editing very frustrating, and only because I am as stubborn as a mule, I refuse to let Moab man help me. Because for some reason, I don't feel like the photo is my work when I let his eyes work for me.
I would like to improve the sharpness and clarity in my photo's this year.

Here are the 1st weeks photo's.

#1 George Standing on the ice. He told me he was safe. But I figured if he had to he could somehow figure out how to make his smurf legs work and jump if the ice broke.

DSC_9401 George Bear River 2015 web.jpg

My rating of this photo is 1st place for the week. I like the exposure and skin tones that I accomplished.

#2 This gentleman was hunting. I don't think he was very happy about me taking his picture. Look at the expression on his face.
DSC_9431 Man Hunting Bear River Refuge 2015 Web Image.jpg

My rating of this photo is 3rd Place. I like the colors in the photo. However, I don't like my sharpness. He is not in focus like I would of liked.

#3 This was a picture of a Blue Heron.
DSC_9437  Blue Herron Bear River Bird Refuge Web Image.jpg

I thought I had a great photo until I got home and look at it on the computer. I thought this was my photo of the week until that moment. It has been downgraded to 4th place.

#4 This is a picture of some Arctic Tundra Swans flying.

DSC_9484 Tundra Swans Bear River Refuge Web.jpg

My rating I really like the whites in the picture and the Contrast. So it would of tied for fourth place, however, I think my focus could of been better.

The second place photo will be posted right after this one.

I am excited to be back and have my camera in my hands again. I have missed talking with everyone.

Last edited:

MoabLady

Week one

#5 This is a photo of Moab Man being goofy. I like this photo because he has been my savior for the last five months, keeping my spirits up and making me smile, even when I did not want to smile. I don't think I could have made it through the last five months with out him. I truly appreciate him.

DSC_9454 _ George Being Goofy 2015 Bear River Refuge Web.jpg

My Rating for this photo is 2nd place. I like the sharpness in this photo, and beside I had to give it second, tell me one person that could not love that face.

Last edited:

mikew_RIP

Good to see you participating again after your down time,getting back to normality needs to happen,just hope this being nice about the other half doesn't last :D

Great pictures to start with,are you sure the guy was shooting he looks a bit like he may have been having a ????

MoabLady

Good to see you participating again after your down time,getting back to normality needs to happen,just hope this being nice about the other half doesn't last :D

Great pictures to start with,are you sure the guy was shooting he looks a bit like he may have been having a ????

Don't worry Mike he will get back on my bad list by the time the night is over and I am sure next week I will be back to making jabs. heheh. He did have a shotgun in his lap. But who knows.

Moab Man

I noticed your title name... better than Area 52. You need to get back to your oven and bake some cookies for the old crew on here since you have been gone so long.

My ratings.

#3 George Standing on the ice. He told me he was safe. But I figured if he had to he could somehow figure out how to make his smurf legs work and jump if the ice broke.

View attachment 132144

#4 This gentleman was hunting. I don't think he was very happy about me taking his picture. Look at the expression on his face.
View attachment 132145

#1 This was a picture of a Blue Heron.
View attachment 132146

#2 This is a picture of some Arctic Tundra Swans flying.

View attachment 132147